Tuesday, March 9, 2010

HATS and my Homemade Hat Rack!

I love hats. Always have. The collector in me says I should have more, but the practical side says, "Isn't 10 enough?"

In case you're wondering, the answer is "no." I have 20+ hats, and I can always find a good excuse to get another one! :)

Over the years, there were a few fatalities. You see, they never had a home to call their own. The larger hats don't stay on pegs or hooks, unless they're GIANT hooks. Large hooks can get pretty spendy though, especially when you need 8 of them! So instead, they were piled high in corners and on closet shelves... which is a problem if I'm in a hurry. I can't just grab one and go. They wound up crushed, stretched or folded in some irreparable way.

In my hunt for a better idea, I finaly struck gold. On the clearance isle at Ross (one of my *favorite* stores!) were two things - a beautiful little 48-inch curtain rod and a bag of 7 curtain ring clips.

Presto! I have my solution. It's simple, it's easy, and it's out of the way enough that I don't have to worry about losing another of my prized collection pieces to lack of organization.

Now I just need to find a few more curtain rings...

...or maybe a 2nd rod. :)



No comments:

AddThis Suggested Content